Sell on Twitter – The Shopify Merchant’s Guide to the Art of the Tweet
Shopify’s Twitter Sales Channel app allows users to benefit from a number of features that make selling on Twitter quick and easy. With an intuitive interface, merchants can add and sell products on Twitter directly from their tweets, allowing customers to discover products from their profiles. The app also offers automated tweet creation, which helps merchants easily showcase their products with engaging content.
To make things even better, Twitter’s Sales Channel app allows merchants to track key metrics such as conversions, clicks, and average order value. This enables store owners to monitor the performance of their products and campaigns to ensure that they’re getting the most out of their social media efforts. Sounds great, right? If you’d like to take your store’s presence on Twitter to the next level, this guide will help you get started.
Why Should Shopify Merchants Sell on Twitter?
Marketing is a key part of Shopify development. As a store owner, you want to integrate your business with multiple marketing channels to ensure that you’re reaching as many potential customers as possible. Twitter is an excellent platform for this purpose, allowing you to easily share content and engage with customers in real-time.
Twitter is famous for its short messages and witty banter, but it’s also an incredibly powerful marketing tool. With over 390 million monthly active users around the world, Twitter provides a massive opportunity for businesses to promote their products and services, build relationships with customers, and influence the conversation. Here are some of the key reasons why you need start integrating Twitter as part of your Shopify development plan if you’re a Shopify merchant.
Build relationships with customers
With Twitter, you can engage with customers in real time and build relationships that go beyond the sale. There’s no better way to build trust and loyalty than engaging with customers directly on social media, and Twitter is a highly effective platform for doing this.
Analyse conversations and monitor customer sentiment
Twitter is an invaluable source of information for businesses. With advanced search features, merchants can easily monitor conversations related to their products, analyse customer sentiment, and gain valuable insights into how their customers think and feel.
Express your brand’s personality
Every social media platform has its own unique energy, and Twitter is all about quick, witty, and informal conversations. This gives brands a chance to step away from the corporate image and express their personality, adding a more human touch to their marketing.
Take advantage of a faster-paced platform
Unlike other popular platforms such as Facebook and Instagram where one daily post is the norm for businesses, Twitter is a rapidly-paced platform where trends can take off in an instant. This means that businesses that want to harness Twitter Shopping have the opportunity to get in on conversations quickly and capitalise on them before they go cold.
Ride trends and breaking news
Twitter is the go-to platform for breaking news, and businesses can leverage this to their advantage by jumping on trending topics or industry news as soon as they break. This can help businesses to stay on top of industry conversations and engage with customers faster than their competitors.
Enjoy a welcoming environment
One of the best things about Twitter is that users welcome brands so enthusiastically. Twitter users enjoy the opportunity to interact directly with brands, and this means that businesses have an extra chance to show off their products or services with minimal effort.
Network your way into wider circles
Twitter is an incredibly social platform, and it’s easy to find and connect with like-minded individuals who can help you to build your business. With Twitter, you can join conversations and make connections with key industry players, share ideas and resources, and ultimately help to establish yourself as an influencer in your field.
How to Sell Directly on Twitter from Shopify Store
Thanks to the Twitter Sales Channel for Shopify, store owners can now sell directly on Twitter from their Shopify stores. This powerful feature allows you to link your store with your Twitter account and sell products on Twitter, making it easier for customers to discover, buy, and share your products on their own terms. There are just two requirements you must fulfil before you can start using Twitter as a selling platform:
- You must be based in the United States
- You will need to switch your account to a Twitter Professional Account (it’s free).
If you meet these requirements, you can start selling directly on Twitter from your Shopify store. Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting started with the Twitter Sales Channel:
- Download and install the Twitter Sales Channel from the Shopify App Store.
- Log into your Shopify Admin and add Twitter Shopping as a sales channel for your store. Once you’ve done this, you’ll need to configure your settings.
- Create a product set. This is a group of products you want to display on Twitter. You’ll need to give it a name and add the products that you want to sell on Twitter.
- Decide how you wish to display each product. There are several different ways you can select the products and images to display on Twitter such as by a smaller Shop Spotlight carousel beneath your bio or a larger Twitter shop.
- It’s time to start publishing. This is the fun part! You can now start sharing your products to Twitter directly from Shopify.
What Products Can You Sell on Twitter?
Luckily for merchants, there is a wide range of products that you’re allowed to sell via Twitter Live Shopping, such as:
- Products you produce yourself: This could be anything from hats to beauty products or artwork.
- Downloadable digital products: If you sell digital products, such as eBooks, audio files or downloadable courses, you can make them available to purchase from your Twitter channel.
- Professional services: If you offer professional services, such as web design or tax advice, you can also use the Shopify Twitter Sales Channel to promote it.
- Affiliate products: Yes, you can even use the Twitter Sales Channel to sell products through third-party services. ClickBank or ShareASale.
- Dropshipping products: Dropshippers rejoice – you can use the Twitter Sales Channel to promote and sell products through dropshipping suppliers.
As you can see, there are plenty of options if you want to sell products on Twitter. With the Shopify Twitter Sales Channel, you can now start selling directly from your store to customers all over the world, with minimal effort.
What Makes Twitter an Excellent Selling Platform?
Twitter Shopping offers many benefits to Shopify store owners. Here are just a few of the awesome features that make Twitter such an excellent platform for selling.
- You can add product discovery on your Twitter profile
- You can create a customised Shop Spotlight or a Twitter Shop
- Everything can be managed from your Shopify dashboard
- It’s the best place to rapidly grow your audience
Adding a Shop Spotlight to your profile makes it easy for customers to discover, buy, and share your products if they’re doing a bit of Twitter shopping.
You have the flexibility to choose how you want to display products on Twitter.
You can manage your orders, customers, and inventory from the convenience of your Shopify dashboard.
With millions of highly engaged users, Twitter Shopping is the perfect channel for rapidly growing your audience and reaching people who may never have found your store.
It's Time to Get Selling on Twitter
The Shopify Twitter Sales Channel is an invaluable tool for Shopify store owners looking to make the most of their online presence and reach new customers. With its easy-to-use features and ability to quickly promote products, it is the perfect platform for store owners to bring a more personal touch to their marketing campaigns and express their brand and values through conversations.
It’s like a big party where anyone can join and discover your products, and it’s up to you to make the most of this opportunity. Whether or not you’re selling, Shopify’s Twitter Sales channel can help you build your brand identity and join engaging and relevant conversations to drive more traffic to your store.
If you’re ready to take your online store to the next level and start selling on Twitter, hire Shopify developers from our Shopify agency and get started today. We’ll help you to create a successful Twitter sales channel so you can soon watch your profits grow.