The Benefits of Shopify Apps for Your Ecommerce Store
Shopify apps deliver a plethora of benefits for ecommerce merchants. They enable you to add different features and functionality that help you to enhance customer experiences. From marketing to customer service, reviews, conversion rate optimisation, SEO, fulfilment, upselling and cross-selling there are a range of free and paid applications available on the Shopify app store.
However, with so many options to choose from, it is important not to get too carried away with integrating apps for the sake of it. While Shopify apps can provide tremendous insight into your business, having too many can start to negatively impact performance by slowing down your site. This is a sure-fire way to diminish conversions and revenue.
For expert advice on what Shopify apps can do for your ecommerce store, you can hire a Shopify agency to learn more. Alternatively, you can use the pointers below for selecting the best Shopify apps for your needs.
There are a few key points to consider before settling on the best Shopify apps for your online store. These are highlighted below.
Are They Essential?
The goal is to integrate apps that facilitate key business areas. This means apps that impact search visibility, enhance lead generation, help convert leads into customers, and keep customers engaged post purchase should take priority over “nice to have” apps. Speak to Shopify experts if you’re not sure which apps fall under the essential category.
What do the Ratings & Reviews Say?
Once you’ve got your eyes fixed on a specific app that adds tangible value to your store, the next thing to look at is the ratings and reviews. Pay particular attention to average star rating as well as the number of reviews. The more people that social proof the app the better as it provides a more accurate reflection of performance.
Are They Compatible with Your Store?
There are some apps that are purpose-built for specific themes. As a result, it’s important to ensure that the apps you choose to integrate with your store do not present any compatibility issues. During your search, you have the option to filter apps that are compatible with your Shopify theme by selecting “See only compatible apps”. You can also double check with your Shopify development agency for extra peace of mind.
Do Not Install Duplicate Apps
Some apps come in different versions offering marginally different features. Never install multiple apps that carry out the same general functions as it only serves to weigh down your website. Look to pick the one that performs best and proceed with that. Remember that some experimentation may be necessary before settling on the right app and you can always uninstall the ones you decide against sticking with.
Can They be Customised?
Is it possible to build custom app functionality for your ecommerce store? This is a great way of optimising your website performance with high-quality coding. If you hire a Shopify agency to take care of this, you can rest assured that it’s done correctly.
What’s the Cost – Benefit Trade Off?
Another important aspect to consider is the cost – benefit trade off. Evaluate the potential effect on revenue against the listed cost of the app to determine whether it’s good value for money. The last thing you want to do is spend excessively on apps that don’t deliver a healthy ROI.
- They are a great way to access an ecommerce store’s data for better insights.
- Data on purchases made through Shopify apps can be stored to provide merchants with detailed analytics on the end-to-end sales process.
- The intelligence generated through apps facilitates targeted and personalised marketing, which in turn helps to optimise sales revenue.
- Many Shopify apps are scalable, which provides another opportunity to add more website features. This covers everything from enhancing the shopping experience to aiding backend functions.
- They allow for easy customisation. As such, custom Shopify app developers have more room to manoeuvre and provide solutions that are tailored to individual businesses and their customers.
- A lot of Shopify apps are designed to seamlessly integrate with social media. This works to enhance the brand image and reach by enabling customers to share their experiences with the world through a few clicks of a button.
- They present different marketing and advertising options for your business. As a result, you can segment your customers to improve communications and achieve better conversion rates.
In order to get the most out of your ecommerce, you’ll need to integrate a few apps that provide the functionality your business and website needs. Just remember to implement essential apps, look at the reviews, ensure compatibility, avoid duplicate tools, and evaluate the cost – benefit trade off.
You can hire a Shopify agency like Vsourz if you need assistance picking the right tools or for specialist Shopify app development services that drive business growth. Services include custom Shopify app development, app installation, reconfiguring and customising existing Shopify apps, and third party Shopify app integration.